Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Bushnell Scopes and other Hunting Scopes topics.
Even the best hunters can benefit from a little advice sometimes. Here are a few tips that may help you become a more successful hunter:
• A variable power scope should be set to its lowest power for fast target acquisition. High powers should be reserved for long range, controlled shots.
• Lens caps provide good protection in foul weather but should be removed when stalking or still shooting to save time in snap shooting situations.
• Take off transparent or tinted covers to avoid image distortion. Optics on a Bushnell rifle scope are recessed to avoid lens contamination when lens covers are removed.
• Using a Bushnell Bore Sighter is recommended after any fall or mishap to assure the zero point of your rifle.
• Storing your rifle and scope overnight in the outdoors will help avoid external fogging of optics. In extreme cold, cycle the action a few times to loosen it up prior to returning to the hunt.